Artisanal Hand-Dyed Indigo Carré de Soie / Silk Scarf - New Deep Indigo Color
These hand-dyed artisanal silk scarf 'Carré de soie en teinture végétal' are designed exclusively for Luxe Provence by Atelier Simone in Provence inspired and created by nature.
Each light-weight silk scarf has been exclusively designed for Luxe Provence using organic, vegetable ink (indigo or cashew) with hand-stitched rolled edge finishing. This 100% French silk creation is a "piece unique", or one-of-a-kind, proudly made by hand in Provence using artisanal traditional methods by indigo designer, Atelier Simone in Aix-en-Provence. These silk French carrés were originally featured in our Sold-Out V5: Escape to the Calanques Luxe Provence Box curation in a Calanque inspired palette and we have added in a darker indigo shibori version for autumn/winter.
- 100% Hand-dyed French Silk
- Dimensions: 88 cm x 84 cm
- Artisanal production using organic vegetable dyes: indigo or cashew
- Each piece is unique and produced exclusively by Atelier Simone for Luxe Provence
- Made in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Wash on delicate cycle (wool, silk settings only) or by hand. Color will adapt with age to become more beautiful over time.
- Colors: Deep Indigo Shibori, Mediterranean Sea or Earth. Please note each is a unique creation and colors, patterns will vary making this a very special collector series.
- Weight: 24 grams
About the Provence Artisan:
After an early career in the arts and a few years at Agnès B, Laëtitia Costechareyre trained in the techniques of vegetable tinting with the renowned master dyer Michael Garcia.
Being obsessed with Indigo, Laëtitia created the brand Atelier Simone to combine her two biggest passions: clothing & antique fabrics and all-natural Indigo tinting.
Laëtitia also works on textile printing by means of traditional techniques, such as Shibori (Japanese art) and, Tie & Dye.
THE SPIRIT OF ATELIER SIMONE
ATELIER SIMONE works exclusively with unique pieces that are dyed by hand, and only with natural materials like hemp, linen, cotton and silk. With Love & Passion. All of Laëtitia’s products are made in France and with a respect for historic integrity.
ATELIER SIMONE honors and revives the beautiful traditions, fabrics and fashions of the past ... and with respect for ethics and the environment. A high value is placed on artisanal quality and know-how.
Learn more about this Luxe Provence artisan collaboration in our online magazine with Atelier Simone here.